Friday, March 28, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Yep, that's right! Our baby is a girl! We are so excited. I am not going to lie, Mike is still in a little state of shock. He was determined and sure it was a boy! He was actually the first to notice it wasn't a boy...he saw her little thighs and legs and told our ultra sound girl, "There isn't a wiener!" She then said, "No, it doesn't look like it." I then said, "It's a girl." I started to cry and Mike kept repeating, "There isn't a wiener." It was hilarious. He then saw something tiny-like a little speckle between her legs and asked if it was a "wiener" but to his great sadness, she said, "No, they are much bigger than that!" And then it was official...IT'S A GIRL! I am so excited to have a girl. Girls are so much fun and so sweet. I want a boy too...but I am excited to have a girl first. I just know Mike is going to fall in love with her so fast and be rapped around her little finger! We went to straight to Old Navy and got some cute dresses and outfits and the outfit Mike picked out said, "Daddy's little sweetie." He may be playing hard, but I know he is already falling!!!

17 comments:

Clenece said...

Again, Congrats for you...not for Mike. Sorry buddy!

The Enslingers said...

Congratulations Kristi!! This is Heather (Hansen) Enslinger! I came across your blog and was so excited to read an update on you! I am so excited for you! Our little guy is already almost 5 months old! We have blog too if you want to check it out! It is enslingerfamily.blogspot.com
It would be awesome to hear from you! You are looking oh so cute!!
Heather

The Jones Family said...

Yea we get to make bows!! I'll come down this summer and we can make them and lay by the pool!!

The Staheli's said...

woohoo! you will love having a baby girl. They are so much fun. And you are right, Mike will fall in love SO FAST!!! I love that we had a girl first. Justin is so sweet with her.

Di said...

There is nothing better than little girls. I remember when we found out Caleb said "this baby just got a lot more expensive" It's good to have a little girl first because she will always be mommy's little helper. Congrats!

Jason and Tawni said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing outloud right now! I love the recap of your ultrasound experience. What is the deal with husbands and weiners? Jason was so sure that we were going to have a boy too and then when we found out it was a girl, he was speechless the rest of the appointment. But like you said, Stella has him wrapped so tight around her tiny little fingers that he can't imagine his life without her. Congratulations, we are sooooooooo happy for you!

Crystal said...

Congrats Kristi!! Yay for girls!! You are going to have so much fun with a little girl. I agree with Diana, girls ARE more expensive, but that is what's so fun about it!! There are so many things to dress her up in!

Ticey said...

Congrats you guys - that is awesome. Mikey girls are so much fun - you will just love her and I am sure she will be a daddy's girl!!

Tori said...

Congrats!! That will be fun to have a girl... all the pink and cute things!!

Heather & Josh said...

Hey...my sister in law is having a jeans party and her friend is having one with bows at the same place, so I might just be bringing you a present when I come back down this weekend!!! You know I can't help myself. It was good to spend so much time with you last weekend. We need to do it more often.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Congrats Kristi! We had a little girl first too and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is the best thing ever to see how sweet a dad can be to his daughter. Nothing better! Hope the pregnancy is getting a little easier for you.

Krista said...

Yay!! I see you last weekend and I find your blog! Now I will have no excuse to keep in touch! Congrats again on the baby girl and you look incredible!

Coach Kennington said...

Hey Kristi, It's Lacy Gustaveson Kennington. Congrats on the baby girl! Thats exciting! Well when Julie Neild gets better we will all have to get together and do something.

Jami said...

Hey Kristi I was being a little nosey and I found your blog. I'm excited for you that your having a girl they are so much fun!

Clenece said...

Okay kristi time for an update...I am waiting here....lol

Kara said...

Kristi...I found you - this is so much fun!!! Congratulations on the girl! Hope your pregnancy is going wonderfully!Keep in touch,
Kara (Campbell) Hill
http://coryandkara.blogspot.com/

Suz said...

Congrats! Kids are the greatest!