Monday, March 3, 2008

Brazil

Okay...so this trip was in November...but it was the best trip ever so I wanted to put up some pictures! Mike really wanted to go back to his mission, so we planned a trip to go back to Brazil. We decided since plane tickets were so much and the airplane ride is forever long(17 hours) we would stay for 2 weeks. The first week we went to Sao Paulo, Rio de Janiero and Iguassu Falls on the Brazil and Argentina side. We just toured around and I got to meet a lot of people from Mike's mission. They are the kindest, most humble people and I felt so blessed to meet them. Sao Paulo is huge-it is the 3rd largest city in the world. New York, LA, Boston, Seattle all seemed so small compared to it. I didn't care much for Rio-it was too scary. The people there had a whole different aura compared to the people in Sao Paulo- and it wasn't good. Rio is considered the most dangerous city in the world. After Rion, we went to Iguassu Falls. Iguassu Falls is amazing. It is one of the 7 wonders of the world and it is a wonder! I would recommend everyone to go there someday. It really is a testament of God's beautiful creations on earth. It was fun to go to Argentina for a day. It is way cheaper there, it was three pesos to a dollar so our meals were cheap. I even got an amethyst (my birthstone) and a blue sapphire to someday(when I am rich) put into a ring and/or necklace.

The second week we spent at a Marriott Resort in Costa da Suipe which is like Hawaii or Cancun but way better. It was beautiful and so fun to spend a week on the beach with just me and Mike. It was so sad to come home and face reality! I already want to go back and like I said before, I think everyone needs to go there! So I hope you enjoy the pictures!!!

4 comments:

Ticey said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Hope all is going well!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Hey Kristi, it's Lindsie (Gherkins)McDaniel. I found your blog off of the Lowe's. I am so excited that I came across your blog. You look incredible! I am big time jealous! I hope everything is going well and look forward to keeping in touch through blogging.

joshandlindsie.blogspot.com

Nick and Leila said...

Hey!! Can we all go some day together?? We can't wait to go back. You look absolutely beautiful!

Crystal said...

Dang girl, you are a traveling fool!! Every time I check your blog, you have gone on an a fancy trip...I'm so jealous. I take trips to the grocery store, does that count?