Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Picts of Wurzburg, Germany


Caught in the act... One of my favorite things about Germany is their "Eis Cafes"-little ice cream shops everywhere! I ate a lot of ice cream on this trip...

All of the buildings have so much personality!
Eli!
Eating outside...the only bad thing about this is that everyone smokes! So if you sit by a smoker...not fun!
Ian and Aida
It's kinda hard to see but there is a castle up there and a huge wall around it...
Fancy that...Scarlett likes marshmallows too! And yes...we did buy them!
The entrance into the city....My little monkey...

These pictures were taken at the most beautiful gardens...
Such a cute family!
Bestest friends!
I couldn't believe how perfect everything was! I can't imagine the hours and work this took!

We went to Wurzburg and Rothenburg during my visit to Germany. They are the most gorgeous towns and I fell in love with them! They have so much personality and the most beautiful gardens and architecture. I hate to say this...but it really does make the US look so plain and boring! I haven't been to a place in the US that even compares to these places! (But don't get me wrong...I do LOVE the USA and the freedoms we are so lucky to have!) Some facts about Germany- EVERYONE has dogs! It is the most dog friendly place...kids take a test in the fourth grade which determines their career-from there they are separated into schools for which they study for that career (yep, that means they don't get a choice!), they are extremely nice & most everyone knows English, it is green green green (forests everywhere), its also green as in go green-they are one of the most energy efficient countries in the world-recycling is the law, they have energy mills everywhere, no one has big cars-little tiny cars like mini coopers are everywhere-I only saw 1 truck the whole time I was in Germany-and it was an American soldier driving it who had it shipped from the States, if you get one-yes ONE DUI you get your drivers license away FOREVER (can you imagine how great that would be for the USA?)...just things I learned while I was there...

4 comments:

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

I AM SO MAD YOU DID NOT TAKE ME! HAHA JUST TEASING! YOU HAVE TO PROMISE ME THAT WE WILL GO TOGETHER NEXT TIME! I MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STINKING MUCH I CAN'T STAND IT! I WILL SEE YOU NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Doug and Laura said...

I love Europe. These pictures and updates are great!

Braden said...

oh i'm soooo jealous! you look like you had so much fun! i love seeing these pics.

Rachel said...

You are making me want to go back to Europe! I, too noticed that everyone smoked and I would always get headaches.
Looks like you had a great trip!